[GNC] Missing payment items in OFX import from Bank

jean laroche ripngo at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 01:42:19 EDT 2020

It could indeed be an FTID problem: if a transaction in the OFX file has
an FTID (they are supposed to!) GC checks whether it has seen this
transaction before (by looking at all previous transactions in the
corresponding account). If it finds a transaction with the same FTID, it
assumes you're re-importing the same transaction and it's just ignoring it.

So the issue *could* be that the transactions that GC ignores have FTIDs
that already exist in the ledger transactions.
You could verify this hypothesis by opening the .gnucash file (go to the
options, select saving uncompressed, which then allows you to see the GC
file as plain text) and searching for the FTID of one of the
transactions that are not being imported. (or by exporting all
transactions to a csv file and checking there).
OR, you could hack the OFX file, change the FTID to a large string, and
trying re-importing it. If it works this time, you'll know what the
issue is.

Some banks have been known to re-use FTIDs which they're not supposed to
do. That causes a problem for GC.