[GNC] Issues with Balance Sheet report in 4.2

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Sun Oct 11 10:59:06 EDT 2020

First question (before we look deeper)

To what level of nesting have you set for this report? We want to make
sure you have set that high enough so that the levels of nesting you
expect would be shown. I believe the default nesting level is three.

So ... confirm for us that you have used Edit => Report options to set
the level of nesting high enough. Because if you have not done this, of
course nesting would not show correctly.

Michael D Novack

On 10/11/2020 10:13 AM, mike823 wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have noticed a couple of bugs in Balance Sheet report in GnuCash 4.2:
>
> 1.  some subaccounts seem to be missing randomly. Let's say that for an
> subaccount of level 5, I would expect to see all accounts of higher level
> above, like this:
>
> account-of-level-0
>       account-of-level-1
>            account-of-level-2
>                 account-of-level-3
>                      account-of-level-4      balance
>
> Current behavior is that first / last are displayed but intermediate
> accounts, 1 to 3, are being displayed somehow randomly and some of them
> missing.
>
> 2. I would expect subaccounts of same level to be aligned the same. As an
> example;
>
> account-of-level-0
>       account-of-level-1
>            account1-of-level-2
>                 account1-of-level-3
>                      account1-of-level-4      balance
>            account2-of-level-2
>                 account2-of-level-3
>                      account2-of-level-4      balance
>
> Current behavior is something like that:
>
> account-of-level-0
>       account-of-level-1
>            account1-of-level-2
>                 account1-of-level-3
>                      account1-of-level-4      balance
>                      account2-of-level-2
>                           account2-of-level-3
>                                account2-of-level-4      balance
>

> --

There is no possibility of social justice on a dead planet except the equality of the grave.