[GNC] Will the file myStuff.gnucash work on Linux & Windows machines?

Kalpesh Patel kalpesh.patel at usa.net
Mon Oct 12 12:25:49 EDT 2020

I haven't had any problem using it on Linux (through WSL) and Windows
version of GNUCash . I actually have lower version of GNUCash on my Ubuntu
(v3.11) then Windows (v4.2) which allows me to work between two without any
issues. Of course I use XML as the target format for saving the file data.

As for sharing between multiple computers, I also use Google Drive but I am
very paranoid storing personal stuff in cloud so I encrypt my data using a
bi-directional utility called CryptSync
(https://github.com/stefankueng/CryptSync) before it moves my file(s) up in
to "Cloud" drive. It works with any type of "Cloud" storage provider.