[GNC] Data Entry Overload - Create Bill + Post Bill + Pay Bill vs just Pay Bill?

elvis elvis at dogonfire.com
Tue Oct 13 07:24:42 EDT 2020

Hello Greg,

I encountered this exact same problem.

The way bills are entered just does not scale for someone doing more
than home entry, or doing it because they love it. 50 mouse clicks to
record buying a Mars bar just isn't viable if you have more than a Mars
bar a week.

I have a small program that takes downloaded transactions from the bank,
munges the descriptions so the qif importer recognises the accounts and
also adds gst. Saves hours and hours a month.