[GNC] Data Entry Overload - Create Bill + Post Bill + Pay Bill vs just Pay Bill?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Oct 13 15:37:23 EDT 2020

The purpose of the Business Features is for accruals in order to adhere
to the "Matching Principle" of accounting.

If you go to the local convenience store every afternoon and buy a candy
bar, you'd just record that as a regular transaction. (and benefit from
using Duplicate Transaction or otherwise taking advantage of AutoFill)
You might even use a Scheduled Transaction for something you are pretty
sure you are going to regularly need to enter.

It would be a rare and odd case indeed to be billed 'on account' by a
vendor on a very short time frame (less than one month or weekly) for
each, or nearly each, individual line item.

Regards,
Adrien