[GNC] Make PDF from reports

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Oct 20 21:45:25 EDT 2020

Yes, but I think it is the Draw application of the suite that handles
PDF editing.

However, since Writer is the app associated to open HTML (exported by
GnuCash), most likely that would be used initially for the 'printing to
PDF' function.

If I recall correctly, LO's PDF generation at one time was superior to
Adobe with respect to the standard, but it has been many years since
I've read that.

So if the OP is already using LO, no need for Bullzip as LO can
export/print to PDF directly.

Also, if a user has a *nix system on their network, they can easily set
up a cups-pdf printer on that system as a shared printer for anyone else
on the network to use. This still doesn't get around the GnuCash Webkit
issue though. You'd still need to export as HTML and go from there.

Also, if on a *nix system, and you don't sweat the command line, there
is an htmltopdf package most likely available to you for install as
well, so you can skip the clicks of a browser or LO.

Regards,
Adrien