[GNC] Deleting test data

Eric Coates TwistedWood at talktalk.net
Wed Oct 28 05:49:46 EDT 2020

Hi

If you've done a lot of work setting up various accounts and you want to preserve that work the following is a way of doing that:

File > Export > Export Account Tree to CSV
Progress through the various stages (be sure to remember the file name and its location)

File > New File
Progress through the stages making the necessary choices. (In my test I just accepted all the default options, they seemed to be based on my locale.)

There were (in my tests) some errors that related to missing commodities - I ignored them, not always a good thing.

File > Import > Import Accounts from CSV
Proceed through the stages

In my tests that gave me a good basis to start from, probably best to check things out. Make further additions changes/corrections as required.

Good luck!

Eric

you can clickj File -> "New File" on the menu to create a new database.

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 2:43 PM tireguy<hd98 at bikerider.com>  wrote:

> I looked some test data into GNUcash when i first used the program now i
> would like to delete the test data and load my real data.  I have tried to
> uninstall and reinstall but test data still there. Is there a way to get rid
> of that data??
>

> --
> Sent from:http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-User-f1415819.html

-- Best Regards LI Daobing