[GNC] Deleting test data

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed Oct 28 07:48:17 EDT 2020

HI,

You can simplify this by just doing:  File -> Export -> Export Accounts
and then File -> Open the new file.  There is no need to go into CSV
format if you're importing it back into GnuCash.

Note that this *ONLY* exports the account tree; if you have business
objects (customers/vendors/taxtables) they will NOT be exported into the
new data file.

-derek

On Wed, October 28, 2020 5:49 am, Eric Coates via gnucash-user wrote:
> Hi
>
> If you've done a lot of work setting up various accounts and you want to
> preserve that work the following is a way of doing that:
>
> File > Export > Export Account Tree to CSV
> Progress through the various stages (be sure to remember the file name and
> its location)
>
> File > New File
> Progress through the stages making the necessary choices. (In my test I
> just accepted all the default options, they seemed to be based on my
> locale.)
>
> There were (in my tests) some errors that related to missing commodities -
> I ignored them, not always a good thing.
>
> File > Import > Import Accounts from CSV
> Proceed through the stages
>
> In my tests that gave me a good basis to start from, probably best to
> check things out. Make further additions changes/corrections as required.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Eric
>

> you can clickj File -> "New File" on the menu to create a new database.
>
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 2:43 PM tireguy<hd98 at bikerider.com>  wrote:
>
>> I looked some test data into GNUcash when i first used the program now i
>> would like to delete the test data and load my real data.  I have tried
>> uninstall and reinstall but test data still there. Is there a way to get
>> rid
>> of that data??
>>

>> --
>> Sent
>> from:http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-User-f1415819.html
>> If you are using Nabble or Gmane, please
>> seehttps://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists  for more information.
>> -----
>

> -- Best Regards LI Daobing
> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information. -----
> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies. You can do this by
> using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745