[GNC] Importing qif from Moneydance

Reed Nelson nelsors at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 28 12:16:15 EDT 2020

I tried to import a test bank account qif from Moneydance version 2020.1(1928) into GnuCash version 4.2 (Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS).   I installed GnuCash with the software install app  (Software 3.36.1)

Below is the error message and qif file contents.    I could not find the log file to get more information on the errors nor figure out how to start GnuCash via command line in a terminal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks.

Reconciliation status: Unrecognized status ' '. Defaulting touncleared.
Transaction amount:Unrecognized or inconsistent format.
gif file contents:
!Type:Class
NMy Finances
DMy Finances