[GNC] How to add investment accounts to existing gnucash file

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Sep 4 22:36:42 EDT 2020

If the Guide wasn't clear, perhaps there is room for improvement, but
that setup wizard is just to get you started. You can add and remove
accounts all you want after the fact. (with some caveats if removing
accounts that contain transactions)

You can even skip that new hierarchy setup entirely and create all of
your accounts from scratch.

GnuCash would be a in a sad state indeed if adding an account after the
initial setup destroyed data!

You don't have to use the wizard, just click the 'New' button on the
toolbar when viewing the Accounts tab. Then follow the examples in the
Guide.

Regards,
Adrien