[GNC] Is there an 'easy' way to have a transaction with 'sub-transactions' as it were?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue Sep 8 10:29:41 EDT 2020

I'm feeling my way with these PCC accounts but I do feel as if GnuCash
will do quite well for me.

Anyway, next silly question, two of our income streams are
'Collections in services' and 'Offertory Box'.  These are (currently)
recorded separately in the accounts but get paid into the bank
together.   So, for example, I have for one Sunday in January a
collection of £48.00 and £10.50 in the offertory box which get paid
into the bank on a single paying in slip of £58.50.

Is there a way of recording the amounts as two income entries but as
only one bank account credit?

Obviously I could simply record two transactions with the same paying
in slip reference number, not that onerous, I was just hoping there
might be an easier/better way.

In the long run it may well be that they're only recoroded separately
because "it was always done that way" but I don't want to rock the
boat too much!  :-)

--
Chris Green