[GNC] Import transactions with expenses in a different currency

Ove Grunnér write2ove at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 03:50:11 EDT 2020

I had similar problems and I solved it by turning on "trading accounts" .
This way there are no exchange rates involved in individual transactions,
but instead each transaction is balanced to a currency trading account.
To correct any existing transactions I then had to click on it and accept
gnucash auto correction, I don't know if that can be done with one global
correction or not.
Either way don't turn on trading accounts before you read up on it as it is
quite fundamental and not reversabel as far as I known,and if you do decide
it is for you, at least take a backup before trying it out.