[GNC] Short cuts for things

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 14:26:04 EDT 2020

Another trick that I accidentally discovered is to hover in the account tab
bar then with the mouse wheel you can scroll quickly through the open
tabs.. I think down goes right and up goes left, but I have trouble
remembering that part when it is so easy to switch directions  I suppose
that might change if you put your tab bar on the side anyway.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 1:05 PM Stan Brown <the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm>
wrote:

> On 2020-09-09 09:36, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> > However, you can use Ctrl+Alt+PgUp/PgDn to cycle through open tabs.
> > If you are already on the Accounts tab, [and]
> > If you keep *all* of the tree expanded, you can simply start typing the
> > name of an account and GnuCash will search your tree for you, highlight
> > the account and then you can simply press Enter to open it.
>
> Thanks for these, Adrien! Both are new to me, and both are helpful.
>
> (I'm sure they're in the manual, but it's a while since I read it and
> somehow I didn't start using those shortcuts so they dropped out of my
> memory. So the reminder is nice!)
>
> --
> Regards,
> Stan Brown