[GNC] Be careful with `petty cash'

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Sep 10 17:29:24 EDT 2020

I'm not sure what you are referencing by 'paying-in slip'.

I always try to model the real world events with my transactions, so
receipts of cash would be recorded for the date they actually happened:

Dr. Undeposited Funds
Cr. Income:whatever (collection, offertory box, etc.)

Then when the deposit is made as likely an aggregate of several revenue
sources and even days, I'd record:

Dr. Bank
Cr. Undeposited Funds

If by 'paying-in slip' you mean 'deposit slip' or transaction # from the
bank, you'd use that on the actual deposit transaction.

If you issue some sort of receipt or the money is collected with some
sort of document number, use that number for recording the actual
collection transaction.

It is also possible, we may be talking past each other about the same thing.

Regards,
Adrien