[GNC] I'm still a bit confused about when things get saved.

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 18:58:26 EDT 2020

Desktop computers still benefit from ups power both against outages and
(hopefully) surges.  Laptops already have a battery.  These days many of us
also depend on network and/or internet connections for data and backups.
Makes life interesting when there are so many potential failure modes to
consider.