[GNC] Be careful with `petty cash'

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Fri Sep 11 03:47:44 EDT 2020

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 05:54:26PM -0400, Michael or Penny Novack wrote:

> But unwise to trust honor too far. My normal practice is every few hours to
> remove some amount of currency leaving just enough for change and replacing
> what I took out with a signed, dated, time stamped slip for what I have
> removed. Those included with the (witnessed) currency count.

If only!  We simply don't have that sort of level of income, at any
time or place.  Our major fund-raising event are mostly events run in
the village hall where people have bought tickets and, anyway, the
money is handled by the organisers (not me).

The only cash I get to see is Sunday collections and the contents of
the offertory box.

--
Chris Green