[GNC] Short cuts for things

Liz Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Fri Sep 11 07:14:56 EDT 2020

On Thu, 10 Sep 2020 16:48:22 -0500
Adrien Monteleone <adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> I also can see a use case for not wanting that transaction to be
> committed instantly. You might need to investigate documentation,
> investigate another account, do a find to make sure this isn't a
> duplicate, see what reference or memo you used last time you entered
> a similar transaction, check a report, etc. Only when you have all
> the info, might you want the transaction to commit.

I second this, when I do my quarterly BAS for tax in AU
I have to juggle through about 8 accounts and sift the answer down to
about 3 totals. Just a little problem, they only deal in whole dollars
and I have to round up and down as well as take percentages out of my
vehicle expenses GST.
In theory I could automate the items through a report system but I
still need to make multi-split entries to keep my books in order.

Liz