[GNC] Short cuts for things

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Sep 10 17:48:22 EDT 2020

I don't understand why. I can't think of any other software I use that
does this. In any case, I have to commit my change in some form or
fashion. The closest I can think of what you are describing might come
from software that while still traditionally requiring intentional
'saves', has grown up to keep a buffer of recent unsaved edits and may
or may not be able to successfully restore that state in case of a crash
other catastrophe. Some modern software (Google Docs/Sheets) uses a
continuous save, so every change made is immediately committed without
having to explicitly do so.

I also can see a use case for not wanting that transaction to be
committed instantly. You might need to investigate documentation,
investigate another account, do a find to make sure this isn't a
duplicate, see what reference or memo you used last time you entered a
similar transaction, check a report, etc. Only when you have all the
info, might you want the transaction to commit.

Regards,
Adrien