[GNC] CSV file import question

Mark brakechute at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 18:59:16 EDT 2020

I wish I used institutions that used signed numbers.  I most often saw a
column of tags -- deposit/withdrawal, charge/payment, etc. -- and a
column of positive numbers.  I made a few simple spreadsheets that read
the various .csv downloads and "translated" it into a format that was
easily digestible to GC.  Then I streamlined the process with Intuit's
free Mint service... one .csv for all accounts, one spreadsheet to
translate for GC, easy-peasy.  :)