[GNC] Is there an 'easy' way to have a transaction with 'sub-transactions' as it were?

Doug lemans4 at internode.on.net
Sun Sep 13 03:54:44 EDT 2020

Chris,
 I am no Gnucash or accounting x-pert, but how I perform a similar task is to just do a total import, to ´Unspecified´.
 Then I duplicate another transaction with similar splits, to the same date (so in you case, the previous weeks transaction).
Then I manually do the split in that transaction, finishing with deleting the original import (which was only there as a ´memory prompt´ anyway).

 In my case, I use this for importing my wife´s salary, where the variations are usually relatively minor.

 Would love to know if someone does a similar task in a more efficient way.

Keep safe! (from Covid)
regards, Doug (Australia)

Doug <lemans4 at internode.on.net>