[GNC] Tabs Behaviors in GNC4.1

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Tue Sep 15 15:55:35 EDT 2020

On 2020-09-15 12:39, David T. via gnucash-user wrote:
>The first issue I've noticed is that new tabs now open directly under
> the Chart of Accounts tab on the screen. In the past, they opened at
> the very end of the list. ... I much prefer [the old] approach, since
> I usually have a default set of accounts always opened, and the tabs
> below are for more situational information.

2.6.19 does indeed put the new tab at the end. Like you, I have a small
set of tabs that I always keep open, and open additional accounts only
for some brief use.

Can you work around the problem by making the Chart of Accounts last in
your normal group?

> The second issue I have is that tabs shrink and expand to show the full
> account name up to a certain point. In older versions, I believe that
> the tab width was fixed,

I just tried it in 2.6.19, and when I opened a account with along name
the column of tabs expanded to fit the long name. (Like you, I have the
account tabs at the left, not at the top.)

That's not to say that it necessarily _should_ be that way, but it
doesn't seem to be a recent change.

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com