[GNC] Online banking and bbt

Ben Pracht ben.pracht at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 19:54:35 EDT 2020

Hi,

I'm somewhat happy with my bank, or at least dislike them the least among
the banks in my area so I don't want to se
switch.

However, the online banking security is out of date. I want to say they use
TLS 1.1 but should be on 1.2 or something like that. In any case, it does
not work with GnuCash.

How would people recommend asking my bank for the best settings to use and
maybe asking for an upgrade. I *know* the first person I reach is going to
tell me to install Quicken on my Windows machine  neither of which I have.

It would also be easy to have some misunderstanding dolt think I'm trying
to hack into bbt.

I wonder if I could pay someone a small token of appreciation  to fix this
and check it into the code base.

I love GnuCash, but pity anyone who deals with online banking. If I were
king, I'd force the banks to do a restful api with standard asymmetric
keys. And I'd force them to document it.

Kind regards,
Ben