[GNC] Register columns: The balance column is no longer visible

John Mansfield john.mansfield3 at outlook.com
Wed Sep 23 09:01:23 EDT 2020

The 'balance' column is no longer visible on one of my accounts.

I have reviewed the questions / suggestions around this subject - there seem to be many!

I have attempted to perform the following to no avail;

  1.  My register is at full width of my screen
  2.  The horizontal scroll bar is at the far right
  3.  The vertical scroll bar is visible
  4.  The balance column is no longer visible
  5.  In an attempt to show the 'balance' column I have;
     *   tried reducing the size of other columns

                                          i.    especially the description field which seems impossible!?

     *   increased the size of other columns by highlighting the right edge of that column
     *   decreased the size of other columns by highlighting the right edge of the column - to no avail
     *   double clicked each column to maximise the width - to no avail
     *   I am unable to view the balance column as it appears to be a very thin black line (more than one?) and it seems impossible to locate the column!
     *   I have closed the screen and reopened - to no avail
     *   I have closed gnu cash and restarted to see if column widths are reset - to no avail.

Has anyone got a resolution for this as I have spent so much time in trying to resolve.

Is there a column setting I can change?  Or am I missing something?

Many thanks.

Regards

John Mansfield