[GNC] Shortcuts and Sorts

Peter West lists at pbw.id.au
Thu Sep 24 01:34:00 EDT 2020

About auto-fill:

I have half a dozen categories for my grocery shopping, plus cleaning and household utensils that I can buy at the same supermarkets. I shop frequently, and I don’t buy big amounts, so there is a lot of variability. Putting the supermarket name into the initial Memo field brings up the last split, which is always wrong. So now, I just put a dummy value in there, and start with the total credit amount and account. If I’m disciplined about my descriptions, I get the split account filled out for me, which is handy, and I then just have to change the amount if necessary.

Some time after entering the credit, I can correct the memo entry. For example, my local supermarket is “Coles F.G.”. I just enter “Coles”, and I can go back, inset a space after “Coles”, and “F.G.” is auto-filled. Tab, Enter.

So, it’s a mixed blessing, but overall a time saver.

Peter

--
Peter West
pbw at pbw.id.au
“For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul?”