[GNC] CSV matching for credit cards?

Elmar etschme at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 19:33:05 EDT 2021

Sorry - the csv is comma separated.  To post this I dumped it into
libreoffice, the copy/pasted into a text file, which of course removes
the commas. The original is like so:

Tran Date,Post Date,Description,Ref Number,Amount
3/20/2021,3/21/2021,[redacted],019918,74.99
3/3/2021,3/3/2021,PAYMENT - THANK YOU,,-792.66

Sorry for the confusion.  This is then in theimporter specification
(obviously skip first line) date, none, description, number,  and here I
stumble.  The liability account has headers that say Increase, and
Decrease.  Now is that a deposit in the importer or a withdrawal? It's
the switches in terminology that confuse me: "amount" in the csv vs.
deposit/withdrawal in the importer vs. increase/decrease in the
liability account.  What is which?  Is my "amount" a "deposit" that will
translate into an "increase" if a positive value?

And finally, the matching question is also unresolved.  Thanks for the
reply, and apologies for my denseness. - Elmar

On 4/1/21 6:07 PM, David Cousens wrote:
> Elmar,  > > The example you listed is not comma separated... > > .... One will
assign Debit to +ve amounts and Credit to negative > amounts and the
other will reverse these. Idon't know which way round > it is though. It
will likely be opposite to the assignment you used > to import asset
account data > >