[GNC] Reconcile "Starting Balance" is wrong

Roland Roberts roland at astrofoto.org
Sat Apr 3 21:06:33 EDT 2021

I've delayed reconciling my accounts for a long time and am now paying
the price by having a lot of entries to go through.

For one account, the last time I reconciled it was at the end of
February...2020. I've gone through my statements, entered my data, and
what GnuCash shows in the register as my balance on 8/31/2020 is
correct. And, similarly, what it shows at the end of Feb 2020 is also
correct. But if open of the reconcile dialog, the starting balance is
not what is shown in the register.

This account happens to be my PayPal account, and normally this is a
zero balance account in any period. That was what the balance shows in
the register as of 2/29/2000. But the starting balance in GnuCash shows
as $858. I've already tried check and repair on the account and even on
all accounts, restarting GnuCash then opening up the reconcile dialog
again, but that doesn't change anything.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

roland

--

Roland Roberts, PhD