[GNC] Gnc 4.5 report charts do not render (blank screen)

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 12:18:46 EDT 2021

On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 3:07 PM Mike Commissaris <commissaris.mike at gmail.com>
wrote:

> MX-Linux 19.3_64
> Built release 4.5. Textual reports work fine. However any report that
> involves graphics does not render. Report loads and settings are available
> but screen renders blank.
> I also have versions 4.3 and 4.4 installed in their own directories - they
> both render normally.

Hi -- The first thing I suggest is running GnuCash from a terminal and
watch for error messages on the console. I might suspect a problem with the
charting library (is it still jqplot ?) and it may be as simple as making
sure the jqplot library files are in the right place when you compile it.
OR it may be something more complicated having to do with webkit (which
renders reports) in your distribution OR...

Be sure to report back to the list because others are likely to know a lot
more than I do.