[GNC] When Do Account Totals Update When Updating Prices

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 20:41:02 EDT 2021

Thank you for bringing to my attention the existence of this relatively new
feature.  I have not tried it so we together await help from users more
familiar with it.

I would imagine that the answer, however, depends on where you are looking
to see the updated prices.  Since many reports have different ways of
choosing the price source in their settings, the answer might be more
complex if you are using reports.

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 7:16 PM Jack Frillman via gnucash-user <
gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:

> I have an IRA account set up where the parent account is a Bank Account
> and under that are a number of Stock and Mutual Funds accounts.
> When I update the prices by importing a CSV file the total $ amount for
> the parent (IRA Account) account does not always update right away.
> Sometimes it take a while and I'm a bit confused on what's going on.
>
> What triggers the account totals to update?
>
> --
> Old Unix programmers never die, they just mv to /dev/null
> - Anonymous

David Carlson