[GNC] Hand-over on Succession or Short Term Absence

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 02:32:05 EDT 2021

I’m shortly to undergo surgery, and although I expect to be home in three or four days, it’ll be several weeks before I’m fully up and running again. As a retired doctor, I’m well aware that bad stuff can happen during or after surgery.

As well as managing my personal accounts, I’m treasurer of a club and two small charities, and I’d like to be able to prepare a hand-over bundle for a temporary (or permanent) successor.

This process should ideally be reversible, so that I can take over again after my recovery.

Sharing the .gnucash files is an obvious first step, but I’d need to share the reports I’ve refined over the years which apply only to one set of books, along with any other necessary settings.

There’s some overlap with a 2013 topic “sequential use of Gnucash on multiple computers”, but I haven’t found any recent references to this.

Before I reinvent the wheel, does anyone have a ready-to-use solution?

Regards,

Michael