[GNC] Hand-over on Succession or Short Term Absence

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 05:36:24 EDT 2021

Michael
First, good luck and hope all goes well.
Second, you can 'describe' a custom report by the following process. This
uses the gnucash-cli tool.

$gnucash-cli -R list

This will list all built-in and saved reports, the latter denoted by a 'C'.
e.g.

*   Account Summary
*   Advanced Portfolio
* C Annual Report for Accountant Chris AU
*   Assets
*   Assets Over Time
*   Australian Tax Invoice

$gnucash-cli -R show --name "Annual Report for Account Chris AU"

This describes the report and the options used. e.g.

* name: Annual Report for Accountant Chris AU
  guid: 49b7979123564c5e944586db82a123e8
  parent-template: Transaction Report
Display / Num: Disabled
Display / Memo: Disabled
Sorting / Show Full Account Name: Enabled
Sorting / Secondary Subtotal for Date Key: none
Sorting / Show Account Description: Enabled
Sorting / Secondary Key: date
Sorting / Primary Key: account-code
Accounts / Accounts: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null,
null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null,
null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null,
null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null,
null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null,
null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null,
null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null,
null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null,
null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null,
null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null,
null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null,
null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null
Filter / Account Name Filter: ^1

The reason the accounts are null is because the datafile isn't loaded.

HTH