[GNC] Autofill Oddity

Evelyn Yamanaka evelyn.yamanaka at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 04:20:56 EDT 2021

This has been happening to me as well since 4.4.

It seems input is still being read by GnuCash, but any response to the
input (e.g. updating the transfer account list or even echoing the
characters typed) is being blocked. I've found that pressing tab to
move to the next field, then pressing shift-tab to move back to the
transfer account list "fixes" the problem and allows me to type and
get autofill working as expected. For me, this is more convenient than
reaching for the mouse.

Note that GnuCash does not visually respond to tab and shift-tab (e.g.
cell highlighting does not update) when it gets into this frozen
state. But I'm fairly certain the active fields are changing behind
the scenes because the tab + shift-tab sequence seems to reset the
transfer account input to a working state.