[GNC] Help with Gnucash 4.5 installation problem

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Apr 9 17:08:44 EDT 2021

> On Apr 8, 2021, at 3:22 AM, David Jaggar <davidjaggar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello to Whom this concerns:
> I just installed Gnucash 4.5 (latest) on my Windows 10 computer. However,
> it does not show up in the start menu and list of Windows installed
> programmes. I have restarted the computer and reinstalled several times but
> still cannot see Gnucash in the list of software programmes. What can I do
> to start the programme? (I have IOBit Uninstaller installed and this
> programme gave me a message onscreen that Gnucash 4.5 was installed after I
> performed the installation.)
> Is this a bug or can anyone offer some help?

The installer has two checkboxes in the last frame to create shortcuts on the desktop and the start menu. Having unchecked both of them would explain why the shortcuts are there but not why GnuCash 4.5 doesn't appear in Settings>Apps & Features.

Is the program installed where you told the installer to put it (the default is C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash)? If it is you can launch it by navigating there in Windows File Explorer and double-clicking on bin\gnucash.exe. As long as that works you can create your own shortcut and put it wherever you like.

Regards,
John Ralls