[GNC] Scheduled Transactions

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 19:48:15 EDT 2021

The system check number incrementation feature may only work correctly if
the focus is in the checking account register when the number is entered.
Thus it may or may not recognize numbers that are added from the Since Last
Run assistant.  I know it does not recognize numbers in the check register
if they are added from expense registers or from other asset or liability
account registers for a particular transaction.

I frequently use the trick to include an alpha character in the number when
I want to prevent the check number from incrementing.  That is the opposite
of what you want.

If you are not in the US you may call it cheque number.  That wouldn't
trick a spell checker into changing it to cheek number.

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 6:15 PM Stan Brown <the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm>
wrote:

> On 2021-04-11 14:45, Gerald Ellis wrote:
> > I have a scheduled transaction for my weekly contribution to the
> > church.  I make this contribution by check each week.  I can not find a
> > way to get the scheduler to add the next available check number so I
> > have been adding it manually after the transaction posts.  The problem
> > is that the system does not recognize the addition of the check number
> > and when I enter another check the next number is always the number of
> > the last check entered by the scheduler and needs to be "stepped up" to
> > the correct number manually.  Is there some way to get the scheduler to
> > enter the correct check number with the transaction or to get the
> > number entered manually to be remembered?
>
> You can tick the "notify me when created" box in the scheduled
> transaction editor. Then when the transaction fires, simply enter the
> check number at that time. Remember to press the Enter key to commit the
> edited transaction.
>
> It's not fully automated, but I think it's faster than editing the
> scheduled transaction every week in the scheduled transactions editor.
>
> --
> Stan Brown
> Tehachapi, CA, USA
> https://BrownMath.com