[GNC] Scheduled Transactions

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Sun Apr 11 19:14:35 EDT 2021

On 2021-04-11 14:45, Gerald Ellis wrote:
> I have a scheduled transaction for my weekly contribution to the
> church.  I make this contribution by check each week.  I can not find a
> way to get the scheduler to add the next available check number so I
> have been adding it manually after the transaction posts.  The problem
> is that the system does not recognize the addition of the check number
> and when I enter another check the next number is always the number of
> the last check entered by the scheduler and needs to be "stepped up" to
> the correct number manually.  Is there some way to get the scheduler to
> enter the correct check number with the transaction or to get the
> number entered manually to be remembered?

You can tick the "notify me when created" box in the scheduled
transaction editor. Then when the transaction fires, simply enter the
check number at that time. Remember to press the Enter key to commit the
edited transaction.

It's not fully automated, but I think it's faster than editing the
scheduled transaction every week in the scheduled transactions editor.

--
Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA