[GNC] Changing Currency in Price Data

Geoff cleanoutmyshed at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 21:30:19 EDT 2021

Here's my 20 cents on this topic (and I am not an accountant):

If the security changed currency, it should be treated as a corporate
event, and set up as a new security.  The balance of the original
security should be set to zero, and you can twiddle the exchange rates
to record any gains or losses.  It might be helpful to think of it as a
take over or buy out.

If an underlying security is listed on multiple exchanges, or listed in
multiple currencies, again you should treat them as separate securities,
with separate price feeds.  It might be helpful to think of each them as
separate derivatives (eg options etc).  You can bet your bottom
dollar/euro/yen that there will be market makers sitting in front of
each of them taking a clip.

Regards

Geoff
=====