[GNC] read-only file

Robin Lake robin.lake at frontier.com
Sat Apr 17 12:27:30 EDT 2021

Greetings --

I have recently installed gnuCash and built a file (book) at the time of
installation. When I opened the file, it was read-only. Over the couple
days I've been trying to solve my dilemma, I have developed two (to me)
large questions.

1) Can I take the file out of read-only status? If so, how?

2) Can I simply delete the file, from within gnuCash, and start over? If
so, how?

Since there is not yet any data deleting would not be a problem.

I have searched both the guide and help .pdf's, and queried the internet
at large, and have not found an answer to either question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Robin