[GNC] Mutual fund quotes in the U. S.

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 20:59:23 EDT 2021

I noticed recently that if I download mutual fund prices after about 7 AM
central daylight time the prices are saved in GnuCash with todays date even
though they are still yesterday's closing NAV until sometime after the
markets close.  To reliably get the correct price posted on the correct
date it seems that I must wait until after 7PM Central time but before 7AM
the following morning.

I would like to suggest an enhancement that if GnuCash downloads a United
States mutual fund price with a morning time stamp that it presume it to be
yesterday's closing NAV price.  I would like comments from others about
this.

--
David Carlson