[GNC] [MAINT] Unplanned network outage

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Thu Apr 29 09:07:13 EDT 2021

At Thu, 29 Apr 2021 21:51:22 +1000 gnucash-user at gnucash.org wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 12:03:56 -0400
> Glenn Fowler <gfowler1 at outlook.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Derek,
> >
> > Wouldn't it be advantageous to move to a cloud server to relieve you
> > of maintaining hardware and issues with network & power outages and
> > the risk of natural disasters such as fire?
>
> "Cloud" is simply a euphemism for someone else's computer.
> I suspect Derek is of my vintage, and we are happy dealing with
> managing our own stuff and not parking it on someone else's computer.

Well, I am probably of about the same "vintage" and yes I too am happy dealing
with managing my own stuff, but also see the advantage of using someone else's
data center.  I still manage my own VPS, but don't have to deal with network &
power outages, etc.

> Liz

Robert Heller             -- Cell: 413-658-7953 GV: 978-633-5364