[GNC] Separate file for each financial year vs single file

Pankaj Jangid pankaj at codeisgreat.org
Fri Apr 30 00:52:59 EDT 2021

I have observed that as the file grows in size, GnuCash becomes slightly
slow. That is obvious because it take more processing to load and search
through data when size is more.

I have a small business. But in future, I likely to have more
transactions every month. So my questions are:

What is recommended way to keep accounts? A separate file for each
financial year. Or a single file that grows with time.

OR

Do you suggest a PostgreSQL/DB backend?

Also, is it possible to export data and then import into a Database
backed GnuCash setup later.

Please advice.

--
Regards