[GNC] Gnucash won't load

Neil Campbell neilcamp65 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 05:49:33 EDT 2021

Good morning.

I downloaded Gnucash for Mac and it is there in my App folder. When I double click on it to load it, it gives a brief “sun-burst” but nothing happens. I am using OSX ver 10.15.7 (Catalina). I have tried:

Loading it from Apps folder using Ctrl Click. The first time I did this it asked me if I wanted to load the app and I clicked Yes. Then nothing happened. No error message. No nothing.

Using the Terminal with open /applications/gnucash.app. This seems to run and then just go back to the curser on the folder that was there.

Security & Privacy allows Mac App Store and identified developers and there is no message there to say that it is being stopped from loading.

Finally I ran (in the terminal) /applications/gnucash.app and received the following response Permission denied. I then went back to Finder and looked at “info” under sharing & permissions and see that it says - You can read and write.

I am a loss as to what to do next. Any help will be greatly received.

Neil
neilcamp65 at gmail.com