[GNC] Separate file for each financial year vs single file

Uttam uttam at uc4linux.co.uk
Fri Apr 30 13:58:39 EDT 2021

Dear Pankaj, a fresh year is much easier to create with the new Export
Accounts facility.  On the other hand a fresh year loses auto-complete until
the data is rebuilt.  This can be a significant pain which may influence
your choice.

I use a fresh year only because in year 8 I will wish to prune the oldest as
allowed by HMRC UK.  It will be a few years before I can contribute
considered results of my decision.  Based on my historic achievements I have
low expectations.  Regards, Uttam

What is recommended way to keep accounts? A separate file for each financial
year. Or a single file that grows with time.