[GNC] Hiding accounts of zero

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Fri Aug 6 11:16:45 EDT 2021

Hi,

On Fri, August 6, 2021 11:05 am, Graham wrote:
> Sorry if this is a basic question, but I've tried searching to no avail.
>
> I'm thinking of stock accounts, where many have been bought and sold. Is
> there a way of showing the account tree to 'hide' accounts of zero
> value, or zero stock?
>
> I could delete the account, but I want to keep the record, and I may
> want to buy back in the future, so it keeps all the details for me.
>
> However, it is a pain scrolling through long lists of stock I no longer
> own. Similarly for old bank accounts such as term deposits; I'd like to
> keep the details, just not have them showing up all the time in the
> account list.

Two ways to do this:

1) View -> Filter By -> Other
   uncheck "show zero total accounts"

2) Select the account in question
   click Edit Account
   select Hidden (to hide from the Chart of Accounts) and Placeholder (to
hide from autocomplete).

You may even want to perform a mix-and-match of these two options.

> Thanks in advance,

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745