[GNC] Comenity Bank OFX Exports

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 21:00:58 EDT 2021

My wife recently opened a Comenity Bank Petco credit card and their web
presence apparently reverses the values for charges and payments in their
OFX exports, compared to other credit cards.  This surprises me since they
must have many other cards that presumably would not be reversed in their
OFX exports, if they offer them.

1. I would like suggestions of references to other Comenity cards with
correct OFX exports (if any exist) to mention if I decide to ask them to
correct the problem, or

2. Is there an easy way to preprocess OFX transaction import files to
reverse the signs of every transaction?

3.  Their export files also include references to external corrections not
included in the files so GnuCash has to indicate that the missing external
correction exists.  I am not sure if I want to keep those references
either, so is there an easy preporcess way to delete those?  If not, can
the OFX generic import show the references during the import process?  One
of those references looks like this:
<CORRECTFITID>obfuscatedidentifier
            <CORRECTACTION>REPLACE

Other information that I found on the internet suggests that one would be
wise to avoid Comenity cards in general, which is probably why this is the
only Comenity card that we have.
--
David Carlson