[GNC] CVS import success/issues

Geoff cleanoutmyshed at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 03:55:07 EDT 2021

Hi Lisa

Congratulations on pulling off such a massive data migration!

To try and answer your question about the Trial Balance, yes I have seen
unresolved capital gains / losses causing this report to not balance.
When you mentioned "9.7.1.2" did you mean "9.7.1.2. Separate the Capital
Gain/Loss Transaction from the Sale Transaction." in the "GnuCash
Tutorial and Concepts Guide"?

https://www.gnucash.org/viewdoc.phtml?rev=4&lang=C&doc=guide

If so, yes, I record the capital gains / loss transactions separately
from the sell transactions and have not encountered any problems.  I
recommend the use of the Lots functionality - hard to grasp at first,
but once it clicks you are cooking with gas ;--)

My Trial Balance is currently in balance, but it took quite some time
and effort (running it at different "As At" dates) to track down the
offending transactions.

Good luck!

Regards

Geoff