[GNC] Getting Quotes for BRKB

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Sat Aug 21 13:24:40 EDT 2021

Does anything else work, because this works for me.

$ gnc-fq-dump -v yahoo_json BRK-B
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: BRK-B                <=== required
      date: 08/20/2021           <=== recommended
  currency: USD                  <=== required
      last: 285.27               <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price:                      <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

-derek

On Sat, August 21, 2021 11:57 am, Larry Long wrote:
>  Thanks for suggestion, but same result.
> Larry
>

>     On Saturday, August 21, 2021, 11:40:37 AM EDT, Derek Atkins
> <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote:
>
>  Try BRK-B?
>
> -derek
>
> On Sat, August 21, 2021 11:20 am, Larry Long wrote:
>> Whenever I run the "Get Quotes" feature of the Price Database tool, the
>> response is "Unable to get quotes..." message for Berkshire Hathaway,
>> Inc.
>> B stock.  Other stock prices are reporting okay.
>> I've tried editing it's Symbol/Abbreviation to read various ways (BRKB,
>> BRK.B, BRK/B), but still no luck.Does anyone have a recommendation for
>> what I need to change?
>> This is on a Windows 10 PC, using GC: Version: 4.4
>> Build ID: 4.4+(2020-12-28)
>> Finance::Quote: 1.49Using Single Quote Source:  Yahoo as JSON
>> Thanks!
>> Larry

>> -----
>>

> --
>       Derek Atkins                617-623-3745
>       derek at ihtfp.com            www.ihtfp.com
>       Computer and Internet Security Consultant

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745