[GNC] Getting Quotes for BRKB

Colin colinfarndt at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 13:17:20 EDT 2021

Hi Larry,

As a sanity check, do online quotes work for other symbols?

My online quotes work (thanks to John’s recent posts for us M1 Mac users :) and BRK-B worked without an issue.

This was with the default source, Alphavantage, US (the API must be set under Preference - Online Quotes). It also works using Yahoo as JSON as the source.

Here are all the settings in my Security Editor for BRK-B:

Name: Berkshire Hathway
Symbol: BRK-B
Display symbol: BRK-B
Type: NYSE

Get Online Quotes: Checked
Source: Single: Alphavantage US (or Yahoo as JSON)

Best,
Colin