[GNC] Can I Prevent OFX/QFX Import Overwriting Notes?

Kalpesh Patel kalpesh.patel at usa.net
Fri Aug 27 13:24:55 EDT 2021

I've established a bit of a different workflow. I "convert" what would have
been the note into a very specific sub-account so that no matter what the
note's information doesn't get lost. For example if I paid for a gift via
check for xyz then I will create a sub account of xyz under gifts
(Expenses:Gifts:XYZ) if I want to track it for that specific person but if
not I can always assign the expense category of gifts (Expenses:Gifts) as a
more general way. This way those notes shows up correctly in the report too.
Far as I know, there is no limit how deep of nest it can be in such fashion.

If the enhancement were to come, it would be great since I have accounts on
both side of the transactions that get downloaded via OFX so I can cross
reference them, for example check number 123 from a bank on one side and as
note for credit card payment on the second side, while display description
can say something a bit about transaction like CC Charges payment.

Message: 3