[GNC] clearing reconciled transactions

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Thu Dec 2 10:33:51 EST 2021

On 12/2/2021 8:36 AM, Billie-Internet wrote:
> Good Morning,
> My question seems simple but I am probably not searching the right key
> words.
>
> Current gnucash 4.4 on windows 10.
>
> When reconciling the checkbook, sometimes I need to clear all the
> transactions that are checked and start over.  To this point , I am
> unchecking one at a time.
> Does anyone know of a way to uncheck all at once?
> Thanks,

Well there IS a way, but you are probably not going to like it. I would
suggest it only if this is a frequent problem << like if when doing
reconciliation, you are often having to redo a couple times till you get
it right >> It is the GENERAL method of backing out changes.

Immediately before beginning reconciliation do a save. Make a
"checkpoint" copy of the file with a slightly different name (I usually
do something like append a "q"). Proceed with the reconciliation
process. If you find that you had to abort, close, delete the file,
copy back the "checkpoint" one (don't forget to also rename it back) and
try again << remember, that "checkpoint" was made just before you
reconciled anything. When you are done reconciling correctly, delete
that "checkpoint" back-up copy. >>

This is just a special case of how to prepare to back-out some change in
advance of the change.

Michael D Novack