[GNC] How to record accrued interest

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Thu Dec 2 16:35:35 EST 2021

Ciao Mattia,

I think you have done it exactly right!(*) Here interest is paid
monthly, as it's accrued, so I don't have your exact issue. But banks
often give rebates on credit-card purchases, and I record those the same
way you are recording interest.

One suggestion: Rather than AccountsReceivable:EUR, you might think
about AccountsReceivable:Bank1. That way if you are owed money by some
other bank, or a refund from a taxing authority, you could put that into
AccountsReceivable:{name of other agency}.

(*) The usual disclaimer: I'm in the US, and I don't know anything about
European regulations that may exist for accounting. However, since this
is for your personal use, I don't think those regulations would matter
anyway.

--
Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA