[GNC] How to record accrued interest

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at mapreri.org
Fri Dec 3 09:20:29 EST 2021

Hi Stan!

On Thu, Dec 02, 2021 at 01:35:35PM -0800, Stan Brown wrote:
> I think you have done it exactly right!(*) Here interest is paid
> monthly, as it's accrued, so I don't have your exact issue. But banks
> often give rebates on credit-card purchases, and I record those the same
> way you are recording interest.
>
> One suggestion: Rather than AccountsReceivable:EUR, you might think
> about AccountsReceivable:Bank1. That way if you are owed money by some
> other bank, or a refund from a taxing authority, you could put that into
> AccountsReceivable:{name of other agency}.

Thanks for confirming!

So I went ahead and moved those transactions to A:AR:Bank1 (and
L:AP:Bank2 for the interest I'll have to pay).  It does "look" correct
to me as well, so guess I'll go this way! ^^

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

More about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :